Effective Date: August 15, 2003 (last revised: July 29, 2021)
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
• Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
• Other identifying information: IP address;
• Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
• Demographic information: age, gender, and language;
• Geolocation data: general location information based upon your IP address;
• Internet activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
• Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information and financial information to:
o Receive, process, confirm, and track your donation;
o Provide you with email updates or relevant news that you have requested; and
o Communicate with you about your donation or other inquiries.
• Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends, and statistics. We also use this information for grant and foundation reporting.
• Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information to send you our newsletter and to communicate with you about other information from and about Verified Voting, our Site and our Services.
• Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We use your other identifying information and internet activity to:
o Provide you with the Site and Services; and
o Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer the Site and the Services.
• Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, financial information, geolocation data, and internet activity to protect the Site and Services, our Organization, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
• We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and financial information from you.
• We collect information from you passively. We collect internet activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
4. Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our Organization.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our Organization or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use Matomo to analyze how users use the Site and Services. For more information, visit their website.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
6. Managing Your Information Preferences
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
10. Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VerifiedVoting.org is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation, which lobbies for reliable and publicly verifiable election systems. Our EIN is 20-0665713. Please donate to support our important work.
- Verified Voting.org Articles of Incorporation
- VerifiedVoting.org Bylaws
- VerifiedVoting.org’s IRS 501(c)(4) determination letter
Nondiscrimination, Anti-Harassment, and Accommodation Policy
VerifiedVoting.org holds diversity as a core organizational value and seeks to incorporate diversity in all organizational programs and facilities. The VerifiedVoting.org encourages qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing special accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please make an inquiry to the contact listed below before your visit or participation.
VerifiedVoting.org is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by organizational policy or by local, state, or federal authorities. It is the policy of the organization to maintain an environment free of discrimination, including harassment. VerifiedVoting.org prohibits discrimination and harassment against any person because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, health status (HIV/AIDS/Cancer), personal appearance, familial status, citizenship, or veteran status. Discrimination or harassment will not be tolerated at VerifiedVoting.org.
Please direct all inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination and accommodation policy to:
Verified Voting Foundation
1735 Market St., Suite A435
Philadelphia, PA 19103